Saturday, May 8, 2010

A tribute to my pups: Peanut Butter Doggie Treats


For those of you that don't know, I have 2 of the most adorable pups around, Jones and Rira, and they just so happen to love everything that I cook. I know what you're thinking, of course they do, they are dogs. But no, I really do think (or maybe I just like to think) that they die for all my dishes. At least thats what the look on their faces say, especially Jones', when we sit down for dinner every night! Obviously, having dog cookies and treats in our house is a must and when I was passed this recipe to make my own doggie treats, I just couldn't resist trying out a recipe that was just for them. I mean, we can't let the hubs be the only one who benefits from my culinary adventures!

This recipe for doggie treats is super simple with only 4 ingredients and is made with all natural goodness so not only will your pups love the taste, but they are good for them too! They'll also save you a few bucks on your next trip to the doggie store.

Peanut Butter Drops

4 cups rice flour
1 cup water
1 cup peanut butter
4 tbsp ground flaxseeds

Mix all ingredients and blend to form a stiff dough. Using a tablespoon, drop dough onto cookie sheet- about 1 tablespoon per drop. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet.

Modern Housewife tips:
1. Makes about 56 drops.
2. If you can't find rice flour and flaxseed at your local grocer, you can find it at Whole Foods.
3. The last time I made these I stored them in a plastic bag and they only lasted a few weeks so you may want to cut the recipe in half so that they don't go bad before your pups eat them all up. You'll have plenty of supplies left over that last quite a while so you can just make more when you run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment