Monday, August 23, 2010

The Great American Road Trip Round 2: In A Nutshell

I'm baaaaaaaack! I have to apologize for my very long absence. This summer has been, hmmmmm, let's just say it's been interesting. I've officially travelled just about 8000 miles this summer by car. I've made it across the country twice along with a couple of mini trips between the North Country and southern New York. Unfortunately I didn't have much time to document my second cross country trip while on the road so I thought I'd give you a little recap of our drive through the northern states, which by the way are so beautiful!

First stop: Bend, Oregon



Yummy food (and beer) at Deschutes Brewery:


warm soft pretzel with cheesy stone ground mustard sauce

Next Stop: Sun Valley, Idaho


Smoked Trout Benedict at The Kneadery

Up Next: Jackson Hole, Wyoming




The food highlight of our trip: dinner at Gun Barrel Steak and Game

Venison Bratwurst


Mesquite Grilled Elk Chops (SO damn good!!)

And Finally: The Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Park








Our little Rira enjoying the view in Wyoming.

Now, I know what your thinking, we had to make it all the way to Jersey and this only goes through Wyoming. Well, we ended up spending so much time enjoying these beautiful spots that we basically had to book it home after this. All in all it was a great trip and an amazing summer. I'm happy to be in our new home and already have some great recipes up my sleeve with photos of the meal in action to boot! So I'll be seeing you very soon with a delicious recipe made and photographed by yours truly of our first romantical date night in, in our new home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment