Tuesday, April 13, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

Being the very lucky lady that I am, I recently had the grand experience of dining at Gary Danko. For a small town girl like me, and as my mom would say, it was a real treat! The whole experience was too much to sum up in one sitting so for today, I'd like to focus on Oma.

Oh Oma! The hills are alive with the Sound of Oma. Somehow and someway three of my most favorite things came together in Oma.... cheese, Vermont and The Sound of Music. Oma is a beautiful cow's milk soft cheese, similar to a brie, made in Waitsfield, Vermont by Sebastian and Dan Von Trapp, direct decendents of the Captain and Maria!

The amazing thing about this cheese is not only that it is divinely cheesily delicious but that there are just too many similarities between the two of us. When I was a kid, my parents would take us to Waitsfield and we would stay in this Inn. Actually, I'm pretty sure the name of it was Waitsfield Inn, go figure. I remember my most favorite thing about it was that the room we would get had a loft where my brother and I would sleep and I thought it was pretty much the coolest thing ever. Second, I live and die for cheese. Third, I grew up watching The Sound of Music which came to be my most favorite movie of all time. I even walked down the aisle at my wedding to Edelweiss.

I think I've found my soulmate, other than the hubs of course. So ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce to you, Oma...


No comments:

Post a Comment